Right To Die Ireland is a campaign with three aims:
- Protecting the right to live
- Respecting the right to die, and
- Legalising assisted peaceful dying
for rational terminally or seriously ill people in Ireland.
Right To Die Ireland was founded by
- Tom Curran, whose partner Marie Curran has taken a High Court case and Supreme Court appeal seeking to establish her right to assisted dying as her MS makes her unable to end her own life
- Michael Nugent, whose wife Anne Holliday died of cancer in 2011 and who had made preparations to end her own life before dying naturally, as most people who make such preparations do
- Mairin de Burca, writer, social and political activist, and supporter of the right to assisted peaceful dying
If you would like to help the campaign to legalise assisted peaceful dying in Ireland, please let us know.